09 January 2008

Pinocchio carpet


I´m not sure how much longer I can resist from buying this Pinocchio carpet from Hay for Nanna´s room - since I pass it in a shop window almost every day. But as they say in Pinocchio "Money doesn´t grow on trees" - but the colours and the texture is just sooooo yummy!
I´ve never seen the Disney version of Pinocchio but "Le avventure di Pinocchio" (1972), an TV mini-series by Italian director Luigi Comencini, starring Andrea Balestri as Pinocchio, Nino Manfredi as Geppetto & Gina Lollobrigida as the Fairy - is probably the movie that has stuck with me for the longest time since I saw it as a child - and I´m sure it´s still worth seeing if you can find it.

1 comment:

Joanna Goddard said...

i love this. So cute and happy.

The disney version is kind of scary! i remember hating the donkey scene when i was little.