03 February 2008

DIY - Typecase






I´m still here and here´s the result of my lastest DIY-project - a modern take on a typecase - a tray or box for storing printer's type. In this case it´s for storing my 6-year-old nephew´s collection of cars and Lego-men and it´s inspired by these made with vintage wallpaper. I don´t have a huge collection of vintage wallpaper so instead I used a mix of wallpaper, wrapping paper, magazine clippings and some of my own prints - and I had a lot of fun putting it together. I´m making 4 typecases all in all - the next 2 are for girls and I´ll post some pictures later. It´s a fun and simple project to do - and all you need is a little patience, a typecase, some paper and Decoupage glue.

6 comments:

muralimanohar said...

Dangit...I thought you were going to post instructions on how to make the typecase itself, lol. I suppose I could figure that one out myself, though....I really love them! And yours looks so spiffy, lol.

Joanna Goddard said...

LOVE this idea. xo

ve said...

Fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

this is simply adorable. I love the backgrounde papers you used and your little knick knacks.

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

love forever said...

totally adorable! i love the mix of patterns and the blue and yellow is s pretty.

Anonymous said...

totally adorable! i love the mix of patterns and the blue and yellow is s pretty.