14 April 2009

Great book covers


It´s back to business at my graphic design studio after a lovely Easter holiday full of sun, spring and guest at our summerhouse. And while I´ve been off-line my blog has had lots of visitors - because my easter eggs was mentioned on various blogs - thank you all.

And to get back to work I´m sharing these fantastic cover designs by London-based David Pearson, from the Great Loves series by Penguin Books. I discovered him through this post - please check it out.

1 comment:

Valisa said...

I have a few books from that series. Not only the designs are great, the paper is gorgeous too. Everytime they arrive, I begin by admiring the design, caressing the paper and inhaling the scent... great love indeed!
I think Penguin is getting so much better at being ahead in redesigning their earlier titles to make them appealing to new readers. I even thought of replacing some of the older books I already have like this one by Paul Auster http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Trilogy-Ghosts-TRILOGY/dp/B001TI9468/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239887377&sr=8-27. But my book addiction shouldn't make way to more trees being cut so I settle for getting new titles in new designs...