27 November 2008

The Gift




Let me introduce you to the amazing glass-works by Karen Lise Krabbe. I went to the opening of her show, The Gift, this weekend, which is the first in a new STUDY series - organized by Glasmuseet in Ebeltoft. The titel The Gift refers both to her gratefulness for working with glass -but also to the way she has documented her working-process so carefully and specific that other glass-artist can use her experiments with different materials and continue from there...
I love the final result and the whole idea about sharing your knowledge - and I can highly recommend this exhibition that runs untill february. The top picture is of what the artist calls
" My 3D sketchbook" - it´s all the bits and pieces that didn´t make it through her critical process - but in my eyes they are all little treasures...

No comments: